Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sharia spank.

RICK: Maybe. Well, it seems you are determined to keep Laszlo here.
RENAULT: I have my orders.
RICK: Oh, I see. Gestapo spank. (Renault stands up.)
RENAULT: My dear Ricky, you overestimate the influence of the Gestapo. I don't interfere with them and they don't interfere with me. In Casablanca I am master of my fate. I am captain of my -- (He stops short as his AIDE enters.)
AIDE: Major Strasser is here, sir. (Renault starts to leave.)
RICK: Yeah, you were saying?
RENAULT: (hurriedly) Excuse me.
(He hurries away. Rick smiles cynically.) -- Casablanca, 1942.
In referring to "Gestapo spank," Rick is using a 1940s slang term meaning power to keep people in line, officially or unofficially. Now we have a classic example of "sharia spank":
University of Michigan Cancels "Dangerous" and "Offensive" American Sniper Showing

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The showing of "American Sniper" is on again at the university - as of 04/09.

Sean said...

Play the Marseillaise! Play it!

Anonymous said...

If the left had enough "spank" to stop the showing of this movie, then it follows that the movie's message would be lost on the University of Michigan anyway.

Anonymous said...

When good folks stand up to schools- at all levels- the idiots cower back under the rocks they came from under. College is the least bad. People all across this land ought to take a good look at what is going on in their local public schools. Read the handbook rules - they literally set policy that violates every single right we have.

Quartering soldiers you ask? Yeah - commanded home visits even press THAT one right people think would actually be self evidently uncorruptable.

Schools are claiming authority over kids all day everyday year round - and oblivious parents just pretend it isn't happening so little Johnny can play basketball.....

I just don't get it. This Michigan deal shows the answer! Stand up to these pukes!!! Make some noise! Fight back!!

Anonymous said...

Crowder interview the brave student who forces UofM to back down and restore the American Sniper movie:

http://louderwithcrowder.com/exclusive-meet-the-patriot-who-saved-american-sniper-at-uofm/